On Saturday, 14 April 2012 at 10:48:16 UTC, Luis Panadero Guardeño wrote:
What is the status of "shared" types ?

I try it with gdmd v4.6.3
And I not get any warring/error when I do anything over a shared variable
without using atomicOp. It's normal ?

shared ushort ram[ram_size];
ram[i] = cast(ushort) (bytes[0] | bytes[1] << 8);

Shared is crucial for concurrency/parallelism since the switch to the thread local storage as default storage.

Immutable values are IMPLICITLY SHARED while for your mutable data you have to explicitly use "shared" keyword.

This basically means that SHARED data are used everywhere in D applications nowadays.