On Friday, 8 June 2012 at 16:33:28 UTC, Matthias Walter wrote:
Hi,

trying to traverse the entries of a std.bitmanip.BitArray I stumbled upon the following problem:

In case I want to accept const(BitArray) objects, it shall look like the following (maybe using "ref const(bool)" for the delegate parameter?):

int opApply(scope int delegate(bool) dg) const

Can one glue both things together into a single routine (using inout magic or whatever)?

I want to say you can't, because ref bool. If you ignore the reference, you don't need the non-const version (I think).

I am currently working on BitArray updates, and it is const/immutable friendly according to as many tests as I could come up with for valid usage; This has taught me a lot on using templates, traits, constraints and how inout actually works. I haven't tried for a bit but I can try once more to send my code to GitHub, then you can give it a try.