On 2012-06-26 10:45, mezozoysky wrote:
Hello!
I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this question. If you know
in which thread this question should be, please point me to it.

I've see a strange things using dmd 2.059 with my debian/testing os.
Linker returns an error, when I link external shared libraries to my code.

I ran the following:

$ dmd -ofbin/example ./src/example/main.o -L-lGL -L-lGLU -L-ldl

& I've got:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lGL
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lGLU
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
--- errorlevel 1

this occurs until I have libGL.so.1 & libGLU.so.1 in /usr/lib, but since
I've created symlinks libGL.so & libGLU.so in the same directory, it
links ok.

What is this: dmd bug? OS or ld misconfiguration? something else?

Please tell me if I'm doing something wrong.

As far as I know -L is just piped through to the linker.

--
/Jacob Carlborg