On 06/27/2012 04:05 PM, Adam Burton wrote:

>> For example I would like to
>> have a thread calculate the sum of the first half of an array
>> while another thread would calculate the other half, and I could
>> add the two results at the end.
> For this task there is another concurrency module called std.parallelism
> that is designed for this type of thing (afaik).
> http://dlang.org/phobos/std_parallelism.html

TDPL predates std.parallelism, so it's not in the book. Although the module's documentation is straightforward, I have the following page which may be more accessible for some:

  http://ddili.org/ders/d.en/parallelism.html

Clicking [Next] on that pages goes to Message Passing Concurrency:

  http://ddili.org/ders/d.en/concurrency.html

Ali

P.S. Both of those pages are incomplete in some ways, which I will address soon.