It's not like compiling without a runtime will make the compiler not emit calls; what else would it do for e.g. the 'new' expression? Anyway, given your situation, just grab the function prototypes from druntime and stub them out, then fill them in later.

I knew that stuff like "new" wouldn't work without the runtime, but code that only does a few struct member accesses and a pointer cast shouldn't require runtime functions; that's all elementary C stuff. I've worked a little on stubbing out functions, but I'd rather not link any extra code to my current program, which is just a small 32-bit assembly/D bootstrapper that loads the actual 64-bit kernel. Looks like I might have to just use assembly, use some C, or write my own compiler.