On Friday, 20 July 2012 at 12:28:52 UTC, Philippe Sigaud wrote:
Hmm, looking at it, I guess kilo is just
1000 as an enum in your code? That's a good idea.

Sorry, that should have been »kilo!gram«. It actually creates a new unit with a conversion factor of 1000 relative to the base unit (well, it does a few more things to handle cases like kilo!(milli!meter)), with the point being that the quantities are actually stored in memory "verbatim", i.e. without being normalized to e.g. SI units. Making »kilo * gram« work would be easy, but I decided it could lead to confusing situations.

David