On 20.08.2012 00:43, jicman wrote:

Greetings.

I am trying to pass a (I think) dchar value to a Windows COM
function and it does not work.  Imagine this situation...

dchar test()
{
   dchar val = 0x00000000;
   return val
}

void main()
{
   ...lots of code excluded
   SomeWindowsComCall(test); // this call does not work
   SomeWindowsComCall(0x00000000); // this call works
}

Any idea how I can create a function to be able to return values
such as 0x00000000 .. 0x0000FFFF?

Returning a dchar works just fine when I try it, there is probably a bug in your code.

What is the argument type of SomeWindowsComCall? That's the type you should, and it's probably not a dchar. Look at the MSDN docs for the function to see what type it wants.