On 08/28/2012 09:55 AM, Regan Heath wrote:
> I searched the DMD sources, just in case the message "abnormal
> program termination" was DMD specific, and I found nothing.  Then I
> searched all files and the string appears in the dmd.exe binary,
> making me suspect the compiler used to produce dmd.exe put it there,
> so perhaps there is a dmc option to disable it.

maybe so

What Windows are you on?  Do you have visual studio or another JIT
debugger installed?

Windows 7 x32 with visual studio 11 beta

I am on Windows 7 x64 and I have been playing with a test.exe (built in
VS in debug mode).

I can't get my version of windows to output "abnormal program
termination" no matter what I tried to make my application do assert,
throw exception, divide by zero, illegal pointer/memory write, etc.

If you like, you could try building the unreduced case

download pyd

https://bitbucket.org/ariovistus/pyd

from top dir, run (python setup.py install)
go to examples/wrap, run (python setup.py build)

Google found me this tho, might be helpful:
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/alejacma/archive/2011/02/18/how-to-disable-the-pop-up-that-windows-shows-when-an-app-crashes.aspx

didn't help