You're welcome. Note that your need of having a structure which is both associative and ordered is, if not unheard-of, at least somewhat
uncommon.

I'm parsing program blocks from a proprietary HW/SW system. They provide the data in the form of:

Somegroupname/Someblockname
   someparam=value
   anotherparam=value
   otherparam=value
end

Somegroupname/Somediffblockname
   someparam=value
   anotherparam=value
   otherparam=value
end

Someothergroupname/Someotherblockname
   p1=value
   p2=value
   px=value
end

The data is in an ascii text file.
I need to be able to search it by group/block/parameter.
I need to be able to maintain group/block order.
There are ~hundred diff block types where the params and order of params are known...though I would rather not create all of these structures or lists ahead of time.

My greatest need at this point is to compare two files block by block. The blocks may be in diff orders between the files but the params of each block type would always be the same in the same order.

So compare groups, blocks within groups, and the values of each param for matching group/block names.