On Wednesday, 24 October 2012 at 11:19:08 UTC, Dan wrote:
No answer yet, but the errors look very similar to those run into here:

http://www.digitalmars.com/d/archives/digitalmars/D/Something_wrong_with_dmd_s_-c_command_162601.html

back in March. Wish I knew how that was resolved. When I tried to use msgpack my steps were:

- git clone the msgpack project
- edit my dmd.conf file and add a -I to the src folder of msgpack.
- run rdmd on the .../example/compare_json.d

Thanks
Dan

It is a linker error. You need to compile the msgpack.d file and tell the linker where to find it. The simplest way is to just throw the file on the command line.

dmd compare_json.d msgpack.d

This kind of have some details about what you are doing:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6191772/calling-c-c-functions-in-dynamic-and-static-libraries-in-d/6194392#6194392