On 2012-11-16, 17:37, bearophile wrote:

Simen Kjaeraas:

There. Now it works, and returns a Tuple!(ulong,ulong)(8, 8).

One thing I think is ugly in my implementation is acc + (seq == 'G'). This
adds a bool and a ulong together. For more points, replace that with
acc + (seq == 'G' ? 1 : 0).

I use a pragmatic approach: I use such higher order functions when they give me some advantage, like more compact code, or less-bug-prone code, etc (because they usually don't give me faster code). In this case a normal loop that increments two counters is faster and far more easy to read and understand :-)

Absolutely. But after trying to make sense of the mess presented in the
OP, I wanted to document the voyage.

--
Simen