On Saturday, 15 December 2012 at 13:05:32 UTC, Nekroze wrote:
I have been thinking about starting a project recently to using llvm to make a little toy compiler however I quite dislike mingw and such on windows so was going to build a gcc cross compiler and try to make it so I can code and compile my win32 compiler (the compiler will be an exe and the code it makes will also run on windows) from linux.

However I really wanted to use D and the LLVM bindings for D but I am not sure if it is possible to cross compile for windows from linux or how to go about it.

The few things I have found around the net on such things has been about cross compiling for different CPU architectures but I still want to target x86/64 but just a different operating system.

So straight up, is DMD capable of cross compiling on linux targeting windows? I have never used the alternative D compilers (GDC, LDC etc) but are they capable of this perhaps?

Sorry if i am a bit confusing but basically I am looking for a D compiler setup akin to MinGW on linux.