On 01/10/2013 02:15 PM, Era Scarecrow wrote:
On Thursday, 10 January 2013 at 21:53:27 UTC, Charles Hixson wrote:
(It's still a confusing error message. I assume that "[7LU]" indicates
that it's an array, but if so, I don't know where it's documented.)

It's an array. Fixed arrays have a numeric value inside the brackets,
the LU is because it's a 64bit compiler/machine (size_t being long),
otherwise it would say [7u]. I have similar problems sometimes, if the
sizes match perfectly you won't have problems (and will copy), if they
don't you can make a slice out of it and pass it.

I'm not sure if it's specifically documented, more like how it's seem to
the compiler (for type checking).

Thanks.  Good to have that guess confirmed.