While working on https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/863 I have noticed that inout breaks ParameterStorageClassTuple and family. I have started working on a fix but quick comparison of http://dlang.org/declaration.html#StorageClass vs http://dlang.org/phobos/std_traits.html#.ParameterStorageClassTuple have left me in confusion without clear understanding what parameter storage classes are supposed to be defined to.

There is also InOutX entry in grammar which lists some of storage classes and seems more relevant to parameter storage classes (i.e. includes ref).

Can someone give a more structured explanation: what is supposed to be a storage class, what is supposed to be a type storage class and what - a type qualifier? I'd like to update std.traits demanglers to the latest state of things, but grammar description does not seem clear enough.