Jonathan M Davis:

D doesn't
bother to check, so you get the natural consequence of mixing them. I'm quite sure that the fact that it works that way is an accident. It was never intentially made to be allowed or disallowed. It's just allowed, because there's nothing intrinsic about either of the attributes which makes it illegal, and no effort was made to do prevent it (it probably didn't even occur to Walter that anyone would do it). I'd expect it to continue to work though,
since it doesn't really harm anything,

According the way my brain works, sometimes I find the D compiler unnervingly sloppy.

and it would break code if it were disallowed.

Uhmm.

Bye,
bearophile