On 03/20/2013 07:34 AM, Dan wrote:
Can the following be made to build and run, but keep the intent of what
is shown. I realize it touches on several bugs related to const,
postblit, and map - but I'm having trouble finding the magic
combination. The idea is simply have assets store multiple series of
data in a map indexed by the asset name.

Thanks,
Dan

import std.stdio;
struct Series {
// REQUIRED - need to have no aliasing
this(this) { data = data.dup; }
private double[] data;
}

struct Assets {
this(this) { itemToSeries.dup; }
// REQUIRED - want ctor to dup arg to ensure no aliasing
this(const(Series[string]) source) {

The code compiles with 2.062 and an earlier version of 2.063 if you accept letting go of const-correctness there:

    this(Series[string] source) {

itemToSeries = source.dup;
}
private Series[string] itemToSeries;
}

void main() {
auto data = [ "house" : Series([1,2,3.0])];
auto assets = Assets(data);
writeln(assets);
}

Ali