On Thu, 18 Apr 2013 18:08:48 -0400, bearophile <bearophileh...@lycos.com>
wrote:

To avoid those bugs I have suggested the simpler possible thing: (V[] elems...) to dup the data on the heap every time. In theory if you write "(scope V[] elems...)" it will be free to not dup the data, avoiding the heap allocation and the associated little performance loss. In practice as you know "scope" is not yet implemented. D2 language is not close to being fully implemented.

I am OK with this as long as it is done AFTER scope works (and I would
update my calls appropriately).

But in my specific case, I still want the second overload, because the
idea is ArrayList uses that slice as its actual storage.

-Steve