There are myriad encoding schemes. D natively supports Unicode and provide functionality via phobos. A byproduct of this is that since ASCII is a subset of Unicode, it also natively support ASCII. This is a plus for the language but what of the other encoding schemes? What library functionality is provided to manipulate or convert between those encoding schemes and Unicode?

I have a need to convert from CKJ encoding (presently EUC-JP and Shift-JIS) to Unicode. How do I accomplish this using D/Phobos? Is there a standalone library that does this? If so, can someone point me to it? If not, is there planned functionality for inclusion in phobos or am I doomed to resorting to Java or some other language to accomplish this task (or at least until I'm educated enough to do it myself)?

Thanks,
Andrew