I have a DLL written in D I load into a Python application via ctypes like so:

lib = CDLL("mydll")

The DLL loads and can be used no problem. However, once the DLL is discarded of by the program, the program either doesn't react or crashes. I still haven't worked out how to clean up the DLL correctly before it is unloaded / detached (from Python). I guess it's the GC and/or some C stuff I've overlooked. I have tried both approaches described on this page: http://dlang.org/dll.html.

Maybe someone of yous once had a similar problem and found a solution. Any hints or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.