On Tuesday, 16 July 2013 at 13:58:10 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
The reason I snipped the implementations here is the backend is under a more restrictive license so I don't want to get into copying that. But with just what I've said here combined with guess+check against dmd's output it might be enough to do a clean room implementation.

Thank you for the reply!

My current clean room implementation is limited to:

const(char)* mangledSymbol(alias symbol)()
{
static assert(((symbol.mangleof) ~ "\0").length < 128, "long names won't be available in a library!");
    return ((symbol.mangleof) ~ "\0").ptr;
}

as it turned out i_didn't_need_that_descriptive_names. I'm posting it here, so maybe it'll be easier for some people to follow the currently bumpy road of DLLs in D :)