On 7/17/13 11:38 AM, JS wrote:
On Wednesday, 17 July 2013 at 14:18:25 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
On Wednesday, 17 July 2013 at 14:09:28 UTC, JS wrote:
Ok, spoke too soon again,

my string requires compound splitting:

foreach(ss; split(s, ","))
{
   split(ss, "|"); // ss can't be read at compile time although I can
use ss directly
   string a = ss; // works fine.
}

Is there any possibility you could provide a compilable example (or
not compilable, if that's the point :p )? It's an awful lot easier to
quickly give the right answer to a question if you take the time to
ask it clearly and precisely, in one go, with a minimised example.
Also, by virtue of you having made an example and checked it, it
prevents accidentally talking about problems in code that is actually
fine.

Yes, but if ctfe's wern't so shitty it wouldn't be a problem in the
first place.

If you think the language is shitty why are you using it?

You didn't pay for D, you are receiving it as a free tool. I don't think many people will help you if you continue with that attitude -.-