I've just finished a project in D and have been using rdmd to compile during testing. While this is nice, i now want to try other compilers to see if i get any speed gains.

Because i use rdmd it takes care of passing everything to dmd. Now i want to try GDC and i need to pass the files in the correct order for compilation. I've first tried to write a bash script with all the files listed correctly and passed all the necessary flags to dmd but i can never get the order of the files correct.

There must be a simpler way to pass these files to dmd in the right order? rdmd does it somehow.

Any ideas? How do you handle compiling projects with 50+ source files?