On Thursday, 1 August 2013 at 22:42:11 UTC, JS wrote:
I don't know why it is so damn confusing...

I didn't say templates, I SAID string mixins of templates.

Symbol emitting does not go that way. Object files are old school entities from C times. They have function symbol and type symbols. Templates, mixins - does not matter. If function is used - it goes to object file. If struct definition gets generated - same story. In the world of linker there are no things such as templates or anything like that.