On Thursday, 29 August 2013 at 18:57:58 UTC, Meta wrote:
uint fib(in uint n) pure nothrow {
    immutable self = &__traits(parent, {});
    return (n < 2) ? n : self(n - 1) + self(n - 2);
}

I came across this while browsing Rosetta Code. It's really cool how you can do recursion without anonymous functions (and this will actually not work if you make fib a delegate). However, I'm confused about the __traits(parent, {}) part, specifically , the {} passed to parent. Does {} just mean the outer scope?

{} in this case is just empty delegate function.