On Saturday, 31 August 2013 at 15:44:03 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
On Sat, 2013-08-31 at 12:56 +0200, Larry wrote:
Ok python3-dev was missing.

Are you using Python 3.3?

Are you using SCons or Tup for the build?

I just tried the SCons build OOTB and it fails to build PyD with DMD :-(

Ehh, yeah. I gave up on build systems a while back because it made it unnecessarily complicated to set up test vms for more exotic systems. Now we use

python setup.py [build|install]

because python's always there. OP has that right.

Since I've been out of the loop for a while, can gdc build shared libraries yet? That's what OP's build command is trying to do.