On Tuesday, 10 September 2013 at 09:32:58 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote: AFAIK, no official decision has ever been made. It seemed like Walter was convinced that it was worth it to make non-virtual the default, and some discussion went into how to do the transition, but I don't believe that Andrei has ever liked the idea, and Walter never said that it was definitively happening, much as he seemed to have been convinced that it should happen. And no one has implemented a pull request for it, so nothing has happened. So AFAIK, it could go either way at this point. We should probably create a DIP for it and discuss it. I've been meaning to do that but have been quite busy
lately and haven't gotten around to it.

- Jonathan M Davis

Anyway, the introducing of the virtual keyword could be useful, even without the change. With that, we could interrupt final labes.

I use mostly:
----
final:
// final methods
----
but it would be nice if I don't have to put all virtual methods above the label. With virtual I could do it this way:
----
final:
// final methods
virtual: