On Sunday, 15 September 2013 at 20:58:54 UTC, Kadir Erdem Demir wrote:
I believe I am well aware of the things which are explained in the link. There is a sentence in link which says : "The first bin in the FFT is DC (0 Hz), the second bin is Fs / N, where Fs is the sample rate and N is the size of the FFT."

My question how can I determine the "N" which is the size of FFT ?
In fftw library one can define N like :
fftw_create_plan(N, FFTW_FORWARD, FFTW_ESTIMATE);
In D do we have a way to do that ?

I am not aware of the details of that particular FFTW function, but mathematically, the result of the Fourier transform of a given vector is _always_ a vector of the same size. Thus, I guess using FFTW in that way just amounts to the equivalent of fft(timeDomainAmplitudeVal[0 .. N]).

David