What with all the IDE discussion going on, I thought I'd have a go at trying out Eclipse with the DDT plugin.

I'm running Eclipse 3.8 installed from system repos on Ubuntu 13.10. Adding the DDT plugin as per the instructions here:
http://code.google.com/p/ddt/wiki/Installation

... seems to work fine. Now I go to the Window menu and select Preferences, and then click on DDT > Compilers, and click the Search button.

The search process freezes when it discovers LDC, with the "Progress Information" window reading:

    Found 3007 - Searching /opt/ldc/bin/ldmd2

... and I'm forced to kill Eclipse manually. Can anyone advise what the problem might be and how to correct it?

I asked this on the DDT Google Group but had no response, so thought I'd ask here. Suffice to say that I think that, even if LDC isn't supported via DDT yet, it's pretty bad that the search for compilers should freeze up if LDC is installed.