On 10/10/13 1:05 , qznc wrote:
Very interesting discussion!

> contract between caller and callee. If an argument is const, it means
> the callee says he can handle others changing the state concurrently.
i think what the usual understanding of const for an argument to callee is, what is written at http://dlang.org/const3.html. that means for me, that callee promises not to change the data itself. perhaps a bettr description would be readonly.

usually you would think that no one else should change the data while callee runs. but at least with c++ i could imagine running callee in a thread with a reference to a const thing which changes underneath and while callee is running.