On Wednesday, 16 October 2013 at 13:31:50 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
Would you mind posting your example code? I'm supposed to be exploring using D on android myself next week and a little kick to help get started would be cool; I've never actually done any android stuff.

As I understand it though, you aren't supposed to use native code for the bulk of the app which sucks. But still some D is better than no D.

I don't mind, but the code is currently Java + D without any Android. I can post it in such state, the only thing that keeps me from moving it to Android is absence of D compiler with ARM back-end (though I'm sure it exists and I have even seen some articles about building D for ARM and Android).

Concluding, I can post the could if you like, or I can first try compiling it for ARM :-)

You're not supposed to use native code in Android, right, but many companies do. The company I work for uses C++ in order to make project cross-platform between iOS and Android.