On Sat, 07 Dec 2013 21:33:56 +0100, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:

Sounds like what you need is to see if stdin is a tty.

import core.sys.posix.unistd; // has isatty()

void main() {
         import std.stdio;
         writeln(isatty(0)); // 0 is stdin, so this will show 1 if
keyboard or 0 if pope
}

Interesting, thanks for pointing that (this function is not described at all in the source code) Now, would that work regardless of the terminal number ther user is in (ie tty1, tty2...)? Also, is there a way to do accomplish the same in Windows? I would prefer my application to support both platforms if possible (unless this posix unit is cross-platform, which seems unlikely).