On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 18:59:52 +0900, Mike Parker wrote:
On 12/16/2013 6:33 PM, Hugo Florentino wrote:
Why does the console window appear and how can I prevent this?

This is how Windows works. There are a couple of ways to eliminate
the console. One is to use WinMain instead of main. That requires some
boilerplate, though, as it bypasses the main function in DRuntime, so
you have to initialize the runtime manually. It has the benefit of
being portable across compilers. Another way, which is what I always
do, is to add this to the command line (assuming DMD with OPTLINK):

-L/SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS:5.01

Every linker on Windows has some form of this flag. It may even be
the same when using the VC toolchain. Also, you can drop the version
number at the end. It depends on the minimum version of Windows you
target and the target architecture (32-bit vs. 64-bit). Google it if
you want to be sure of the details.

That did the trick, thanks.

Now, suppose I have two versions of the application (myapp32.exe and myapp64.exe), and I want my launcher to launch either, based on the architecture it detected from the OS being run on. What could I do in this case, which is actually what I need to do? (I just started with the simpler variant)