18-Dec-2013 23:54, Andrej Mitrovic пишет:
On 12/18/13, Dmitry Olshansky <dmitry.o...@gmail.com> wrote:
P.S. This reminds me to put a roadmap of sorts on where std.regex is
going and what to expect.

Btw one thing I'm not fond of is the format specifiers, in particular:

$`      part of input preceding the match.
$'      part of input following the match.

` and ' are very hard to tell apart. But I guess this was based on an
existing standard? Personally I'd prefer $< and $>.

The precedent is Perl. A heavy influencer on the (former) std.regex design.
http://perldoc.perl.org/perlre.html#Capture-groups
(grep for $')

Personally I'd prefer both simply gone :) Reasoning is that you can't support these while pattern matching on the fly (say on a network stream). Since we can't do that - anything better that is popular enough is acceptable.

--
Dmitry Olshansky