On Thursday, 26 December 2013 at 05:39:26 UTC, Lionello Lunesu wrote:
On 12/26/13, 11:58, bearophile wrote:
Lionello Lunesu:

I could have sworn this used to work. Is my memory failing me, or was
this a deliberate change at some point? Perhaps a regression?

It's not a regression, it's a locked-in design mistake. Write it like
this and try again:

foreach (dchar d; "你好")

Bye,
bearophile

Yeah, that's what I ended up doing. But D being D, the default should be safe and correct.

It is impossible for it to be "correct", unless with a very specific definition of "correct" which makes sense for some languages/locales and not others. As a challenge, try to define a "foreach" semantic that works "correctly" with the OP's code for Unicode composite characters, or Hebrew.