On Wednesday, 1 January 2014 at 00:54:35 UTC, Frustrated wrote:
not a big deal though. In setting up little test units I'll end up using the classes and auto but probably not in the full project where I'll use factories and such.

Yeah, if you use your own factory methods, you can always just have them return the interface.

Even as simple as:

InterfaceName make(Class, Args...)(Args args) { return new Class(args); }

which explicitly returns the interface, so if you did

auto a = make!Foo(10, 20); // a is typed to the interface