On Friday, 14 February 2014 at 12:10:51 UTC, Regan Heath wrote:
FWIW I disagree. I think it's immediately and intuitively obvious what 'i' should be when you're foreaching over X items taken from another range, even if you do not know take returns another range. Compare it to calling a function on a range and foreaching on the result, you would intuitively and immediately expect 'i' to relate to the result, not the input.

How should it behave on ranges without length, such as infinite ranges?

Also, `enumerate` has the advantage of the `start` parameter, which usefulness is demonstrated in `enumerate`'s example as well as in an additional example in the bug report.

I'm not yet sure whether I think it should be implemented at the language or library level, but I think the library approach has some advantages.