On Thursday, 27 February 2014 at 14:29:05 UTC, Szymon Gatner wrote:
Explicit call to init() / terminate() are so C :/

It is much better than C because of `scope(exit) terminate()` though :)
Also you can use struct destructors same as in C++

Worst part is there is no even standard shared/weak pointer provided.

There is http://dlang.org/phobos/std_typecons.html#.RefCounted which helps in some cases.

I must say I am kindof disappointed by all this. I realize that it is not D's fault but still, it is suppose to be "better C++", and while I do see that wrt to templates / TMP, my favourite feature of C++ are d-tors...

It is not supposed to be "better C++", not anymore at least. Something that dissapoints lot of people and there has been a lot of pushing in this direction lately but historically this domain was under-developed.