On Saturday, 15 March 2014 at 01:14:02 UTC, Meta wrote:
On Saturday, 15 March 2014 at 00:11:22 UTC, bearophile wrote:
Do you think it's useful/worth supporting code like that?

Yes, I'm surprised that doesn't currently work. I hate how static arrays throw away their length at the drop of a hat. In the meantime, here's a workaround:

T[N + M] concat(T, int N, int M)(T[N] arr1, T[M] arr2)
{
        T[N + M] result = arr1 ~ arr2;

        return result;
}

void main()
{
        int[3] arr1;
        int[2] arr2;
        int[5] arr3 = concat(arr1, arr2);

        //Error: array length mismatch
        int[6] arr4 = concat(arr1, arr2);
}

Err, sorry, the lengths as template args aren't necessary. Your example works fine with this small change:

int[5] foo(int[2] a, int[3] b)
{
    int[5] result = a ~ b;

    return result;
}

Though I am happy about how powerful D's pattern matching in template arguments is.