On Saturday, 15 March 2014 at 16:08:06 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
On 03/15/2014 03:04 AM, Bauss wrote:

> On Saturday, 15 March 2014 at 02:05:26 UTC, Chris Williams
wrote:
>> On Friday, 14 March 2014 at 17:10:46 UTC, Bauss wrote:
>>> I'm using dmd.exe and not cmd.exe
>>
>> dmd.exe doesn't have a GUI. You're probably running dmd.exe
inside
>> cmd.exe.
>>
>> dmd foo.d > mylog.txt
>
> dmd.exe is a console application.

And every console supports what you need.

> And I running dmd.exe with arguments
> not cmd.exe with arguments,

Sorry but that has nothing to do with the solution that has already been proposed.

> just wanted to know if there perhaps was an
> alternative than using cmd.exe.

All you need to do is to try the solution. :) Once again:

  dmd foo.d 2> error.log

Ali

Doesn't work.
Note I am not typing the arguments, but rather starting the process.
Tried both with cmd.exe and dmd.exe and neither seem to work.