I've been reading through and trying various code fragments to pull the system date/time in and format it as a string for display on the console.

I only need it down to the second and from my current machine so I don't need to use any of the more accurate clocks used for benchmarking right now.

All the examples seem to be setting the date or date time to some predetermined value instead of pulling it from the system.

It seems like this would be a very common function to use so I know I must be making this a lot harder than it really is.

Oh and before I forget I'd like to thank everybody on the forum for their great support.

I'm still a newbie at D. I've bought the book. I've watched the YouTube videos and now I'm starting to get a lot more comfortable with the code but it feels like it's going to take me some time to figure out the tricks for using all the library functions.

I started out trying to use strings for everything but quickly found that my code is doing a lot of string modification concatenation and I had to switch to char[] instead to get around the immutability but now a lot of the library functions use the string data type so I am having to figure out how to convert between back and forth between all the different datatypes.

It would be nice if all the primitive datatypes had a consistent toString cast or function but since I'm not seeing those I guess writeFormatted must be the preferred way of getting values into string format.