I am trying to create a class that can do the following:

---

int sample = 42;

// myObj is an instance of the class I'm writing
myObj.attach ("othername", sample);

myObj.set ("othername", 69);

writeln (myObj.get ("othername"), "\t", sample); // should produce '69 69'

---

Currently, my class appends to an array of Variants, and can store data internally in this array. Ref parameters don't work with variants, and pointers cause exceptions to be thrown. What would be the best way to go about this?

I had momentarily considered using a struct that stores a void pointer to the data, along with type info, and using this to replace the Variant, but I like the ability to change the type at runtime.

Any advice would be much appreciated.