On Tuesday, 29 April 2014 at 11:28:23 UTC, bearophile wrote:
One of the most important skills of a programmer (and of course a technical/literary writer) is the ability to express ideas in written text.
the thing is that English neither my native language nor i learned it in school (not really learned it at all in fact). i can express myself in russian, ukrainian and some obscure artificial language, but this will be of little use for the rest of the community. ;-) i can easily read English, but my writing skills are close to nothing.