On 5/6/2014 6:46 PM, Rene Zwanenburg wrote:
On Tuesday, 6 May 2014 at 02:17:06 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
So all is well, and deliberately so. Pardon the noise.

IMO it's not. I once had a particularly nasty bug because of this:

struct S
{
     @safe:
     string str;

     this(string data)
     {
         import std.digest.md;
         str = md5Of(data).toHexString(); // Oops...

That must be a terribly subtle one, I'm not seeing the problem at all.

I get that md5Of returns a static array, and then a slice of it gets passed to toHexString, but AIUI toHexString finishes (and returns a newly allocated string) before the temporary static array leaves scope.