You may want to spearhead the effort to get Win32 support of MSVC into D, if you care enough about it. Rainer has done most of the work, you'd just have to turn his patches into pull requests, shepherd them through the review process, and maybe add some polish:

http://forum.dlang.org/thread/mailman.1560.1323886804.24802.digitalmar...@puremagic.com?page=9#post-llldfc:242q6p:241:40digitalmars.com

Let me see what I can do for time. There's the above, it's also possible to link mixed coff and omf with jwlink (http://www.japheth.de/JWlink/JWlink.htm). There's a couple of paths and while win32 isn't leading edge, I think enhancing it is a worthwhile project for lesser lights like myself.