Oh great thank you. I think that might solve the majority of the confusion I was having. One thing I can't figure out though, is getting garbage collection to work as expected. If I have a function that allocates a pointer to a struct using new, I get an error on linking _dAlloc... not found. But maybe compiling as a lib will solve this too.