On Tuesday, 5 August 2014 at 19:21:44 UTC, Philippe Sigaud via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
Some range which takes an at compile time known number of elements from an input range and provides opIndex seems perfect to me, but as far as I know
there's no such thing in Phobos.

There is chunks:

http://dlang.org/phobos/std_range.html#chunks

Yea, but that won't work for forward ranges. It only provides opIndex if the underlying range provides it. Since the chunk size is a runtime parameter it can't implement opIndex efficiently for non-random access ranges.

staticChunks was a bit of a misnomer. staticTake would be a better name. The range would contains a static array and pops that number of elements from the input range. Then, opIndex can easily be defined.