On Friday, 15 August 2014 at 14:28:34 UTC, Dicebot wrote:

Won't that kind of kill the purpose of Fiber as low-cost context abstraction? Stack size does add up for thousands of fibers.

As long as allocation speed is fast for large allocs (which I have to test), I want to change the default size to be very large. The virtual address space in a 64-bit app is enormous, and if the memory is committed on demand then physical memory use should only match what the user actually requires. This should allow us to create millions of fibers and not overrun system memory, and also not worry about stack overruns, which has always been a concern with the default fiber stack size.