On Monday, 18 August 2014 at 17:47:21 UTC, ketmar via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
On Mon, 18 Aug 2014 13:51:12 +0000
nrgyzer via Digitalmars-d-learn <digitalmars-d-learn@puremagic.com>
wrote:

When I try to compile this sample application I'm getting the following error:

sample.d(7): Error: goto skips declaration of variable sample.main.__ctmp1344 at sample.d(9)
it's compiler bug i believe.

but why do you need gotos at the first place? i'm not saying that "you must avoid gotos at all costs!", but D has some nice features like scope(exit), scope(success), scope(failure) and nested functions, which can render gotos unnecessary in many cases (and make code cleaner).

I know, gotos are having a negative connotation. Sure, I can also use nested functions, but in my opinion it results in dirty and complex code. It's totally overkilled compared to a simple if and goto-instruction. The same regards the scoping... it's simply to much overhead.