Coming from the C# world, all of localization we did was based on defining string resource files (XML-formatted source files which were translated into C# classes with named-string accessors by the build process) that would get included in the final application. For log messages, exception messages (because unhandled exceptions could make it to the user in the case of a bug) and format strings used for the above we would create a string table entry and this file would eventually get localized by the appropriate team.

Is there a recommended pattern for applications in D that wish to do localization?

Thanks.