On Friday, 3 October 2014 at 08:18:45 UTC, thedeemon wrote:
On Thursday, 2 October 2014 at 20:16:56 UTC, Gary Willoughby wrote:
Say i have created a program written in D, what tools are available for me to track memory allocations?

I wrote a tiny module trackallocs.d that inserts a GC proxy and outputs to log file (or stdout) all the allocations, gathering some stats.

You can turn tracking on and off in any place of your code.

Used it before 2.066 where @nogc appeared to check whether my code was allocation-free. Current version works in both 2.066 and earlier versions. Find it here:
https://bitbucket.org/infognition/dstuff/src/

Inside it uses one hack based on knowledge of D runtime internals, so in future versions of D runtime, if Proxy struct changes again, it may need to be changed as well.

This is really cool stuff, I needed something like this but didn't know it was possible.

Mind if I use some parts of it in my profiler? (there's no license)